Most acne sufferers can relate - breakouts are just inevitable around the change of season. For many, the cooler weather is a pleasant change while for some, it can bring about bouts of acne flare-ups. As your wardrobe keeps changing with the seasons, so should your skincare.
Essentially your skin needs minerals to function properly and to maintain its natural moisture balance. When your natural moisture retaining barrier is compromised in any way, that’s when the problems begin. Your skin is producing oil at the same rate as in the summer months but decreased temperatures and cooler air also mean that dead and dry skin is piling up. The result is that excess oils and impurities are remaining trapped beneath these layers of dead skin.
We’ve identified two of our incredibly handy products to help combat breakouts and to make sure that your skin weathers these fall months swimmingly! Here’s how:
- Charcoal is widely known for its health benefits and since it also absorbs oil, sebum and dirt, it is particularly well known in it’s ability to fight acne and keep the skin clean and free from breakouts.
- The skin’s pores allow impurities and toxins to enter your body. Using activated charcoal on your skin may not only expel impurities from the skin but even beneath the skin.
- Activated charcoal possesses antibacterial properties that can also help alleviate infections and even prevent them from taking off.
- The mild grit in the activated charcoal will actually help in exfoliating the skin and sloughing of layers of dead, fall-induced dry skin, helping to thoroughly clean the clogged and inaccessible pores below.
- Lastly, activated charcoal can help to reduce the size of your pores, not only making your skin look clearer and more even-toned but also to prevent larger quantities of foreign matter and bacteria to enter your pores.