Call us at 03451003014 / 03215777533 for free skin consultation.
April 02, 2020
‘Too much salt is bad for you.’
While you may have heard this in every waking moment of your life, it’s time to understand that not all salts are created equal.
Just like unprocessed and organic whole wheat bread is ten times better for you than white bread, Himalayan salt is much better for you than plain old table salt. And the gorgeous pink hue it comes in only help the matter further. While white salt is mainly used for cooking, Himalayan salt is used in beauty, wellness and a whole plethora of other categories to treat the mind, body and soul.
As the name suggests, Himalayan salt is found near the Himalayan mountain range, that stretches across Asia and through Pakistan. Millions of years ago, the natural salt reserves at these very mountains were covered by lava, snow and ice, creating a pristine environment that to this day, protected the salt reserves from modern day pollution. Today, the salt is hand-mined through traditional methods and brought to the market, making it the most natural and organic form of salt out there. Luckily for us, the Khewra Salt Mines in Pakistan are one of the biggest Himalayan Salt reserves in the world, so why aren’t we taking advantage of all the healing benefits of these pink rocks?
The naturally formed Himalayan salt is made up of over 80 minerals; 85% being sodium chloride, and the remaining 15% being a cocktail of nutrients including sulphate, magnesium, calcium, potassium, bicarbonate, bromide, borate and strontium. It’s because of these minerals that the salt has that distinctive pink shade and touts an array of benefits such as:
The most obvious way to reap the benefits of Himalayan salt is by ingesting it. Replace all your processed white salt with pink salt and let it do it’s magic. Chefs all over the world claim the rosy salt has a deeper, richer flavour as compared to white salt, so why not try it for yourself? Sprinkle it on all your favourite foods, or use Himalayan Salt Slabs as serving platters to make the most of your meals. Himalayan salt is also naturally anti-microbial, so there’s barely any clean up required what so ever.
Himalayan Salt Detox Bath:
Naturally rich in more than 80 minerals, bathing with these pink crystals heals from the outside, in, and is a therapeutic experience for mind and body. A pink salt bath will help draw out toxins, deep cleanse the skin, stimulate circulation and soothe sore muscles while simultaneously cleansing the body’s energies.
For the most powerful detox result, make a Himalayan salt ‘brine’ by using 1-2 pounds of the magic crystals dissolved in a warm bath.
If you’ve always wanted one of those stunning rock salt lamps you’ve seen in almost every home decor magazine, now is the time to get your hands on one . Not only are they beautiful, a himalayan rock salt lamp can also act as an air purifier. Heat activates the negative ions which react to pre existing positive ions in the air from dust, pollen, electronics and other pollutants. Some even come equipped with diffusers for essential oils, which gives you all the more reasons to breathe easy.
Taking wellness to another level, halothereapy, a.k.a salt therapy, is a rapidly growing spa trend that involves deep breathing in a room, or cave, made almost entirely of Himalayan salt crystals. Inhalation of air condensed with salt can support the immune, nervous and lymphatic systems as well as reduce stress and headaches, increase energy, and improve sleep patterns.
Skin conditions can also be improved with halotherapy (psoriasis, rashes, eczema, acne). While table salt dehydrates the skin, himalayan salt has natural moisturizing properties and supports the skin’s water balance and barrier function by attracting moisture to the skin, so halatherapy will leave you with bouncy, supple skin, too.
As Pakistanis, we are sitting on a giant Himalayan Salt reserve. While it’s growing in popularity today, it’s a surprise we haven’t replaced all our little salt shakers with pink crystals, especially considering the multitude of benefits they have to offer. And if you’re still not sure, just remember, you can’t really go wrong filling your homes with those gorgeous hues of pink!
September 23, 2020
July 09, 2020
June 26, 2020
The Coronavirus pandemic has wreaked it’s havoc all over the world, and a lot of us are finding ourselves working from home. Be it temporary, or maybe the new normal, some still find working from the comfort of their homes cumbersome, and very distracting! That’s because creating a productive space isn’t as simple as plopping your laptop onto a coffee table and calling it a home office. It takes much more to create a peaceful and efficient space for you to do your best work in. Fret not and read on for some simple ways you can create and elevate your home office to be a healthier, and more productive one.